Self improvement and personal growth are all the rage these days and I am here for it!
I mean, come on:
Could there be a better trend than one centered on helping you become the best version of yourself?
I’ll give you a hint:
Becoming the best version of yourself so you can live a blessed life is something that you should make time for every. single. day.
Little changes over long stretches of time add up to become big, epic, life changing-changes.
By focusing on your day-to-day, you can create daily habits that will make your life better.
- • making time for exercise
- • prioritizing your mental health
- • limiting screen time
Dive into these 12 healthy habits for a better life!
1. Invest In A Planner - And Actually Use It
Here’s the deal:
You will always be more likely to follow through with a new habit if you write it down first.
Invest in yourself by purchasing a new planner so you can set goals and actually achieve them.
Our Blessed Babe Binder™ has daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly planning pages, goal setting worksheets, habit tracking templates, and tons more to help you live your blessed life.
2. Fix Your Finances
Let me ask:
Nobody enjoys being broke and stressed about money, right?
You absolutely positively need a budget so you can spend your hard-earned cash in the best way for your lifestyle.
Wanna get out of debt? Save for a house? Buy a car?
All of these things become realistic and attainable when you create a budget.
Sign up for our free 5-day Budget Boss™ eCourse to fix your finances and afford your blessed life!
3. Consume Less Than You Create
I know how hard it is these days to break away from our screens, but trust me:
Your brain will thank you!
I think a good rule of thumb is to consume less (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok) than you create.
So, if you spent 2 hours scrolling on your phone, you should aim for 2+ hours of screen free time.
- • paint/draw/color
- • play a game
- • journal/write
- • garden
- • clean
You get the point!
4. Be Mindful Of What You Put Into Your Body
I’m not going to sit here and tell you that you should eat paleo or vegan or keto if you want to be the healthiest, best version of you.
But, I am going to tell you that you should be mindful of what you put into your body.
How does your body feel when you drink more soda than water? Do you feel less motivated and more tired when you eat take out more than you cook for yourself?
Tuning in and noticing how your body reacts to what you put into it will help you make better, more intuitive decisions about your food and beverage choices.
Balance is key!
5. Start A Night Routine
I get it:
By the end of the day you’re tired. And the last thing you wanna do is prep for tomorrow.
Or take your eyeliner off for that matter.
Having a night routine will undoubtedly make you a healthier, happier, and more productive person.
Make sure you shut down from screens at least 30 minutes before bedtime so you can unwind. Then, you could read, stretch, meditate, plan, journal, etc.!
6. Create A Morning Routine
There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning feeling tired, disheveled, and unmotivated.
Having a morning routine that you enjoy and look forward to is imperative if you want to have energized, productive, and happy days.
For starters, you’re gonna wanna make sure you’re waking up at the same time every morning.
Then, you could journal, stretch, meditate, exercise, actually make breakfast, and guarantee a good, happy day.
7. Get Organized
This is an actual fact:
If your living space is cluttered, unorganized, and messy, your life is more likely to be cluttered, unorganized, and, well, messy.
Your life will be 10x easier when you get organized.
This includes your home AND your personal life.
So, for your home:
- • Deep clean each room in your home and get rid of all unnecessary items
- • Create a system in each room of your home that allows you to easily clean up and store your stuff (baskets from the thrift store are a life saver!)
- • Make it a habit to tidy and organize your home at least once a week
And, for your personal life:
- • Have a way to visually see what your month looks like (this could be a wall calendar, a planner, or an app in your phone)
- • Make a plan for each day with a list of your top priorities
- • Have a system for papers, mail, documents, etc.
Organization has saved my life.
8. Prioritize Your Mental Health
We all know the saying:
You can’t fill others cups if your cup is empty.
This is why it is so important to prioritize your mental health.
When you make time for things like:
- • meditation,
- • journaling,
- • therapy,
- • exercise,
- • rest,
- • being outside,
- • bubble baths,
you create a better life for yourself and are able to serve your family, community, and friends better.
9. Fit In Fitness!
Aging is a beautiful and natural thing but if you don’t fit in exercise daily your road will be a less enjoyable one.
I’m talking aches and pains, exhaustion, illness, and the like.
There are so many ways to get exercise, such as:
- • walking/hiking
- • strength training
- • swimming
- • running
- • yoga
- • biking
- • pilates
- • literally any sport
Find a form of exercise that YOU love and fit it in on a regular basis.
Future you will thank you.
10. Use Your Brain
It’s the same thing for your brain as it is with your body:
It needs exercise.
Your brain is not unlike any other muscle in your body and needs to be used consistently to keep it operating smoothly and correctly.
Make it a habit to workout your brain daily, even just for ten minutes.
- • read
- • play a game
- • do a puzzle
- • color/paint/draw
- • learn something new
- • practice a new language
- • dance
- • cook
Basically, turn your screens off and do literally anything else. 😆
11. Don't Sweat The Small Stuff
There is this awesome book called Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff that every person everywhere should keep on their nightstand.
Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff is a collection of short stories that help you realize that there are more important things to life. That often times, the things we stress out about aren’t really that big of a deal.
When something is bothering you can you look at the big picture – And when you do, can you decide to let the small stuff go.
Pausing for a moment and taking a few deep breaths is always super helpful in overwhelming and stressful situations.
Strive for positive energy as much as possible!
12. Make Time For YOU
Above all else, YOU must make time for YOU.
Because if you don’t?
Well, then, you can’t create a habit of anything on this list.
And without at least some of these habits, your life won’t be as happy and fulfilling as it could be.
AS IT SHOULD BE!
Always, always, always make yourself a priority.
Trust me, the dishes can wait.
Skip to the end? READ ME!
It’s ok, skipping to the end is human nature these days.
Here’s all the juicy habits you should try for a better life:
- 1. Use A Planner – Invest in a planner so you can organize your life and actually accomplish your goals.
- 2. Fix Your Finances – Stop wasting your money and make a budget so you can afford your blessed life.
- 3. Consume Less Than You Create – Don’t watch 4 hours of YouTube if you also aren’t spending 4+ hours creating.
- 4. Give A F*ck About What You Put In Your Body – Educate yourself on what is good and what is bad to eat/drink. Balance is key!
- 5. Start A Night Routine – The key to happy days are organized and relaxing evenings.
- 6. Start A Morning Routine – Set yourself up for successful, productive, and happy days with a simple morning routine.
- 7. Get Organized – Being cluttered, unorganized, and messy is not a good look on anybody. And, it’s terrible for your mental health. So: GET ORGANIZED!
- 8. Prioritize Your Mental Health – meditation, yoga, journaling, therapy, exercise, rest, being outside. Do more of those things!
- 9. Fit In Fitness – Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day if you don’t want aging to absolutely succckk.
10. Use Your Brain – Keep your brain/memory sharp by actually using your brain every day. Read, play a game, do a puzzle, learn a new language, get off TikTok…
- 11. Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff – Life ain’t that serious.
- 12. Make Time For YOU
I think we can all agree that a stress-free life is a happier life.
I mean, who enjoys running around like a chicken with their head cut off?
Not me, and I know not you.
When you create habits and routines in your life you will improve your wellbeing, happiness, and health.
Find some habits and routines that you can’t live without and start living your blessed life every damn day.
You can track your new habits with our free habit tracker that you can download by signing up below! ⬇️