What’s better than cozying up in your blankets in the morning delaying all your responsibilities and to do’s?
I know how hard it is to get out of bed in the morning feeling energized, happy, and motivated.
Having a morning routine will motivate you to wake up on time, eager to do the things that you know make you happier, healthier, and more productive.
Here’s the deal:
There are 7 things you should do every morning to increase your happiness and productivity.
They are to:
- 1. wake up at the same time every morning
- 2. get hydrated
- 3. move your body
- 4. eat a balanced breakfast
- 5. prioritize your personal hygiene
- 6. change out of the clothes you slept in
- 7. make a plan for the day
This might seem like a lot to do in the morning, but it won’t take much time once you do it every morning and get into a good groove.
And, remember, it will be hard at first. Making positive changes always is.
When you stick to this morning routine you will notice a difference in your mood, energy, and productivity.
1. wake up at the same time every morning
I know…Having to kick the habit of sleeping in past your alarm is HARD.
I mean, honestly:
Doesn’t it makes so much sense to wake up at the same time each morning, allowing our bodies to know what’s coming?
I know you can relate:
Morning after morning your alarm goes off at the time you know you should wake up, but you shut that sucker off and sleep in until the absolute last second. Then you’re running around feeling tired and moody and have a not-so-great day.
Because sleep is so important to our overall health, it should be prioritized!
This is how you can create a sleep routine that will help you sleep better, wake up feeling refreshed, and increase your overall wellbeing and happiness:
- 1. Go to bed at the same time every night: If you struggle to wake up in the morning, it is probably because you aren’t getting enough, consistent sleep. When you go to bed at the same time every night – and allow yourself to get 7-9 hours of rest – waking up at the same time each morning will be easier.
- 2. Start slow: Don’t switch your sleep routine drastically over night (i.e., don’t try to wake up at 5am if you’ve been sleeping in til 8am every morning). Adjust your sleep schedule gradually and give yourself time and patience.
- 3. Have a routine you can look forward to: Use the ideas in this post to create a morning routine that you are excited for!
- 4. Challenge yourself…and then reap the rewards: Create a 30 day wake-up challenge for yourself and then reward yourself when your mission is accomplished!
And then, literally, reap the reward of a rested, motivated, energized you.
We all know how important it is to drink enough water each day.
Get on the right track first thing by starting your day with something hydrating!
This could be ice water, warm lemon water, or your favorite tea.
Hydrating your body first thing helps ease sleepiness, too, so it’s the perfect way to start your morning.
3. Move your body
Wake your body up with some light movement in the morning.
You could stretch, do yoga, or go for a walk.
The goal is to wake your body up and energize yourself for the day!
I love doing this stretching routine (that you can do from the comfort of your bed) before taking my dogs on a walk.
And, here’s a bonus tip:
If you can get outside first thing in the morning for a walk, do it! The exercise paired with the sunshine is the perfect combo to wake you up and energize yourself for the day!
4. Eat a balanced breakfast
You know this right:
That breakfast is the most important meal of the day?
But, how often do you put your breakfast on the back-burner and only grab a granola bar on your way out the door?
You don’t eat breakfast at all!!!?
I’m guilty of the latter more times than I’d like to admit!
You need to eat a healthy, balanced breakfast if you want to feel energized, motivated, and happy throughout your day.
Here are a few yummy choices that are healthy, filling, and simple:
- • Eggs: Scramble them, make an omelette, or fry one up. Then pair with some fruit and veg. A piece of toast if you’re feeling fancy. The Perfect Veggie Omelette by Live Eat Learn is a favorite of mine!
- • Yogurt: Top with some fruit, granola, nuts, seeds, etc. for a filling option. Make sure you buy a LOW SUGAR!!!!! option (like this) or your breakfast will turn into dessert.
- • Oatmeal: I know. But hear me out. If you make one of these oatmeal recipes it will be delicious and filling and you will thank me.
- • Toast: Avocado toast. Hummus toast. Peanut butter toast. Apply a base, add your toppings, and you will have a delicious and simple breakfast.
- • Smoothies: The ultimate lazy girl breakfast that packs a hella nutritious punch. (These are my favs)
If you’re crunched for time in the morning, prepare your breakfasts the night before or during a weekly meal prepping session.
It only takes me an hour or two one day a week to meal prep healthy and delicious meals for the whole week.
And, there’s never an excuse to skip breakfast!
5. Personal Hygiene
At the very least you gotta brush your teeth!
And if waking up is a struggle for you, washing your face or showering could be a great addition to your morning routine to help get rid of the sleepy feeling.
I know skincare is all the rage these days, but keeping things simple makes maintaining a routine way easier.
So, cleanse, moisturize, and apply sunscreen.
That’s really all you need.
6. Get dressed!
Start fresh each morning by changing out of your pjs and into something that makes you feel comfortable and confident.
(Leggings are acceptable and highly encouraged.)
If you can’t be bothered to put an outfit together each morning, plan ahead the night before!
7. Make a plan for the day
Planning your day each morning will seriously change your life and help you accomplish your goals in record time.
Sign up above to download our free weekly and daily planning printables so you can get a jump start on creating your blessed life!
I challenge you
Starting your day with a morning routine that you love and look forward to will improve your life immensely!
So, I have a challenge for you:
Stick to a morning routine for 30 days and watch it transform your life.
To help motivate you and keep you on track to crush your goal, download our 30-day goal tracker below!