Imagine yourself enjoying your retirement. With enough savings and diligence, you'll probably be okay retiring around your 60's. According to Money Talks News, U.S. retirees usually bid their careers farewell at the age of 64. However, the Social Security's full...
READY TO AFFORD
THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS?
You've landed in the perfect place to budget better, save smarter, and make money from home.
Connect with our community and gain special access to our free library of printables, templates, and courses!
25 Money Related New Years Resolutions To Afford Your Best Year Ever!
She snuck up fast, didn’t she?
I know you want to afford the best year of your life (cuz why wouldn’t you), and I’ve got a secret:
Because here’s the dealio:
To afford an epic 2020 (I’m talking bills paid, debt gone, savings up, vacations booked), you need to make some money New Years resolutions!
These are the best money new years resolutions to get started with next year:
1. Start Budgeting
Once your budget is set up, don’t forget to track it throughout the month to make sure you’re sticking to it!
2. Save money on expenses
You’re wasting money each month!
Next year, vow to stop throwing your hard-earned cash out the window by saving money on your expenses.
These are my top 3 ways to save money on your expenses:
1. Connect your bank accounts to Trim who will analyze your spending and negotiate lower prices for your bills. (I saved $150/month after signing up for Trim!)
2. Switch to Mint Mobile to decrease your cell phone bill by $100+! (Don’t worry, you can keep your current phone.)
3. Use $5 Meal Plans to save tons of money on food.
3. BECOME DEBT FREE
4. Build an emergency fund
This emergency fund challenge is a great place to start for this money New Years resolutions!
5. STOP USING CREDIT CARDS
And, unfortunately, most of us are using credit cards as replacement income and cannot afford to pay much more than our minimum payments.
This means one thing:
You’re spending wasting a crap ton of money on interest costs (and will for yearssss!)
So, next year, STOP USING CREDIT CARDS for good.
(Got credit card debt? Use this guide to save money while paying it off.)
6. SAVE FOR A HOUSE
We’ll be doing it with you 🙂
7. BECOME MORE FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE
If not, you could benefit from becoming more financially responsible next year.
Because, here’s the real deal:
If you don’t know how much money you’re making or spending, you aren’t making wise financial choices.
So, to afford your best year ever next year, organize your finances with our Budget Boss Binder and set yourself up for financial success!
8. START INVESTING YOUR MONEY
9. CULTIVATE A POSITIVE MONEY MINDSET
This is crazy, but:
Your thoughts about money (i.e., “I don’t deserve to be rich,” “I am poor.”) will dictate whether or not you achieve your financial goals.
It really is true: If you think you are poor, then you will remain poor.
So, next year, make certain that you crush your money goals by focusing on a positive money mindset!
10. START SAVING FOR RETIREMENT
11. BE MORE FRUGAL
You can live frugally and still enjoy your life (and money).
You need to live frugally to afford your best life.
Look at it this way: If you embrace a frugal lifestyle and save money on things like food and clothes, you’ll free up tonssss of money for things like vacations and experiences.
To live more frugally in 2020, read this ultimate guide to frugal living!
Furthermore, who knew you were missing tons of opportunities to save money while buying the things you already do?
12. DONATE MORE MONEY
Well, the same goes for your actions with money.
You see: When you give your money away to charities you’re passionate about, people in need, or communities in despair, you’re showing the universe that you’re living a life of abundance, gratitude, and love.
And in turn, you’ll receive more abundance, gratitude, and love.
So, donate more money (or time) next year <3
13. ORGANIZE YOUR FINANCES
14. EARN CASH BACK FOR YOUR PURCHASES
The best way to earn the most cash back is by doing this:
1. Use Rakuten (Ebates) when shopping online to earn instant cash back on your purchases (You can also score cash back on in-store purchases by connecting your debit/credit card to your Rakuten account.)
2. Download the Ibotta app and upload pictures of your receipts to earn easy cash back.
3. Connect your debit or credit card to the Dosh app to earn instant cash back on eligible purchases (without doing any work!)
15. STOP FIGHTING WITH BAE ABOUT MONEY
Don’t let something silly like money ruin yours and bae’s relationship.
Instead, either work together to set up a budget or split your financial responsibility 50/50 to avoid future fights about whether or not you can afford that late-night Taco Bell run.
16. FIND WAYS TO TRAVEL MORE ON A BUDGET
Next year, do these 3 things to make traveling a priority in your life:
1. Add a travel category to your budget where you put aside money specifically for traveling
3. Create a travel saving plan to afford your ultimate dream vacation
Ahhhh, see ya in paradise
17. TEACH YOUR KIDS ABOUT MONEY
(Honestly, I wish somebody had taken the time to teach me before I got my first apartment!)
Knowing how to budget and manage your spending is an essential part of life, so do your kids a favor and set them up for financial success at a young age.
This post will give you tons of ideas and activities!
18. MAKE MORE MONEY
Use these ideas to increase your income next year:
1. Start a blog (make as much as $10k/month!)
2. Manage a few side hustles
3. Ask for a raise
4. Switch careers
5. Invest in an income property
6. Rent out spare bedrooms on Airbnb
7. Take surveys in your spare time
9. Purge your home and sell your stuff
10. Postmate on the weekends (use code FL-XP1V7 at signup!)
19. SWITCH TO A BETTER BANK
Next year, don’t be caught paying outrageous fees because you overdrafted your account by $2.37.
How, do you ask?
By switching to Chime Bank, of course!
But for real: Chime won’t hit you with a fee when your account is overdrawn, there are no minimum account balances, and you will get your paychecks two days early when you bank with them.
Oh…and just when you thought it couldn’t get better, it does.
When you sign up for a Chime bank account, they’ll deposit $50 into your account!
You can read more about why I love Chime in this post.
20. REFINANCE YOUR STUDENT LOANS
Get rid of them next year by refinancing them with Credible to lower your interest rate and reduce your monthly payments.
21. DECREASE YOUR PERSONAL SPENDING
Get in the habit of tracking your personal spending next year. (You’ll be shocked at how much money you’re spending!)
Then, you can redirect that money into a savings account for your next vacation!
(Our Budget Boss Binder includes spending trackers!)
22. AUTOMATE YOUR BUDGET
23. TRY A NO-SPEND CHALLENGE
Hey, tell me I can’t and I’ll show you I can!
24. INCREASE YOUR CREDIT SCORE
Join the 800 club by working hard to increase your credit score next year.
You can do this by paying down debt, paying your bills on time, diversifying your loan history, and more!
25. DON’T LET MONEY DICTATE YOUR HAPPINESS
But, at the end of the day, we must all realize that money is not the most important thing in life and having a lot of it doesn’t automatically mean we’ll be happy.
So, in 2020, set money new years resolutions to continue improving your money mindset so you can be happy with what you have and open to receiving more abundance!
The 25 best money New Years resolutions to afford your best life in 2020!
Father’s Day is almost here, but how do you say “I love you?” Use these budget-friendly Father’s Day gift ideas to rock his world without breaking the bank.
Have a graduate in your life? Whether you are shopping for a girl, boy, best friend, daughter, or child, you will find tons of graduation gift ideas here!